Chairman of the PPG – Mr Peter Wilson
SPRINGFIELDS MEDICAL CENTRE NEEDS YOU!!
Be heard in your surgery! Get involved!
Why not join our PPG?
We work together to get the best experience for all and much more......
For more information contact Peter Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you interested in giving some of your spare time to helping shape and improve the services at the surgery?
If you think you can make a difference why not consider joining our Patient Participation Group?
The PPG requires a regular commitment and individuals thinking of joining the PPG should be aware that they would need to be available to attend regular meetings usually every 4 – 6 weeks and have access to email. In the main PPG meetings take place on a Wednesday evening and individuals in the PPG have variable roles based on their life experiences and capability.
We work by building a relationship between the Practice and its patients that breaks down barriers and shares information. We determine our own activities according to the needs of the community and the practice itself.
Importantly PPGs can develop to influence the wider NHS, most notably the decisions that are made on behalf of patients about the services that are to be available to them by working with the Practice to:
- contribute to the continuous improvement of services;
- foster improved communication between the Practice, NHS and its patients;
- help patients to take more responsibility for their health; and
- provide practical support and help to implement change.
Based on co-operation PPGs are Good for patients because:
- Patients will be more responsible for their own health.
- Patients will have a better understanding and knowledge of the Practice and its staff.
- Patients will be consulted about arrangements for their primary healthcare before decisions are made.
- Patients will benefit from improved communications with staff.
- positive ideas and voice concerns.
Good for Practice staff because:
- GPs and their staff will be able to plan services jointly with patients in order to increase their effectiveness.
- They will be able to help patients with non-medical and social care issues.
- They will be able to get help from patients in meeting targets and objectives.
- They will have a forum to voice concerns, ideas and suggestions to patients.
- They will get closer to the community for whom they care.
Good for the community because:
- Patients will have an organisation through which they can identify their own needs.
- Patients will be able to get an idea of what is needed to improve healthcare, and make sure that the patient view is always represented.
The Patient Participation Group would like to hear your suggestions or comments.
To download a copy of the latest PPG newsletter please on the links below:
September 2017 Newsletter - Word
September 2017 Newsletter - PDF
Patient Reference Group (PRG)
The PRG has a different role to the PPG and requires minimal commitment.
The aim is to promote the proactive engagement of patients through the use of effective surveys and seek views from the PRG as a representative sample of the patients.It is intended to have up to 3 relatively small surveys carried out each year. These can be filled in electronically or by hard copy and should only take a small amount of time on each occasion.
Please think about whether you would like to support your surgery and the services it provides to you by doing the short surveys three times a year.
Patients Response Form
Volunteers are needed for The Patient Reference Group and The Patient Participation Group if you would like to know more about either group please fill in your details using the online form or download a printable version and drop this slip into the prescription box.
You will then be contacted personally.
PPG Annual Return to NHS England
To review our PPG annual return to NHS England please click on the following link Patient Participation Reporting Template 2014-15.docx